The school operates four house groups which came into place after the school merger in 2009 when the two communities of Maralinga and Chandler came together as one school. The four houses are:
Hutton (Red) Luxford (Blue) Keys (Yellow) Blackmore (Green)
The classroom teacher has the responsibility of allocating new children to houses. During special class events and sporting events, the children are organised into their house teams and each house has a House Leader from Year 6 who has the responsibility of collecting the House points from the classrooms each week and announcing the winning team at Assemblies. There is a trophy for the winning House.
The choice of House names was decided by the School Board in 2010 in consultation with the school community and each House name has an historical significance to the Keysborough community.
|Hutton – Colonel Thomas Bruce Hutton was a veteran of the Crimean War and the Indian Mutiny. He came to Noble Park in 1873 and purchased a house named “Cumberoona” It was situated in the vicinity of Dunblane Rd oval and it consisted of 464 acres of land. This occupied most of the land bordered by Corrigan Rd, the railway line, Heatherton Rd, Chandler Rd and the Princess highway. He ran sheep and was elected to the Dandenong Council in 1877 and remained until 1893. He died at the age of 80 in the fire that burnt Cumberoona to the ground. On his demise the estate was subdivided and sold.|
|Luxford – The Luxford family came to Noble Park with other families after the gold rush came to an end at Walhalla. The Luxfords cut and supplied timber to be used for support in the “Happy Go Lucky” mine located about four miles from Walhalla. Charles Luxford worked clearing his property while his sons looked elsewhere for employment. David assisted in the building of the house on the corner of Leonard Avenue and Stuart Street (now Kirk Street). George left Noble Park in 1919 and returned in 1933 to take over and develop the 11 acre block.George worked on the railway siding and was heavily involved in the local organisations and was a life governor of the Dandenong District Hospital.|
|Keys – Keysborough was named after the Keys family. In 1839, William Keys acquired land in Carrum and in 1841 George Keys established his family of 8 on land between Mordialloc and Dandenong. The Federal electorate takes its name from one of the sons, namely Issacs. John Keys became a member of the Legislative Assembly for Dandenong and Berwick and two of the Keys brothers were chairmen of the Roads Boards before one of them became the first Shire President in 1873. He was involved in the building and opening of our existing Town Hall, the establishment of the Dandenong Market, the Dandenong cricket club and he was responsible for building the first Post Office on Lonsdale Street as well as the Methodist Church.|
|Blackmore– The Blackmore family is a classic example of pioneering stock. Edward Kirkham purchased 20 acres of land on the Dandenong side of the creek in 1850 in the road that carries his name. He worked as a builder and also constructed post and rail fences in the district. His daughter Jane, Alice Kirkham married William – and this union created Arthur (Arty) Blackmore family. Arty selected 15 acres of land in 1912 on Chandler Road. The three boys Arthur, Gordon and Walter and one girl Murial all worked on the property. In 1956 the entire property was subdivided into building blocks, roads and services were supplied and the property sold. The street names all have family connections and Murial and Walter today have homes on the estate.|