Classes & Teachers
- 1A: Maria Bertuna
- 1B: Karen Winton
- 1C: Catherine Foley
- 2A: Kellie Williams
- 2B: Melissa Nixon
- 2C: Lan Hunyh-Banh
In Term Two in 1/2 we are learning about:
- Place Value and Counting
- Making and recognising patterns
- Addition and Subtraction strategies
- Location and Transformation
- Data representation
- Procedural writing and Information reports in writing.
- Continuing with our CAFE strategies:
- Comprehension – Back-up and re-read, asking questions throughout the reading process, use prior knowledge to connect to the text.
- Accuracy – Skip the word and come back, blend the sounds, cross-checking (does it look and sound right – does it make sense?)
- Fluency – practice high frequency words, using punctuation.
- Expand vocabulary – tune into interesting words, using a dictionary.
Choices. The students will plan and practice strategies to promote health, safety and well-being. Our guiding question is ‘What are the choices you make every day to keep yourself safe, healthy and happy at home, school and community?’
Confidence and persistence.
- Microsoft Word
Upcoming events and activities
School Cross Country 4th May
Incursions and excursions
- Gourmet Kids – 2 grades per day on 8-10th May
- Responsible Pet Ownership incursion 27th April (tbc)